Instructions Following Full or Partial Denture Delivery
- Full and Partial Dentures will often need several adjustments in order to fit comfortably.
- To help yourself adjust to your dentures you can practice reading aloud for a little while each day.
- At night you should remove your dentures and clean them. They should be stored in a clean container.
- Food particles can become trapped under dentures causing inflammation or sore spots. Lightly brush the roof of your mouth, your tongue, and your gums after removing your dentures.
- Rinsing your mouth with water or mouthwash will help to remove any additional particles that may have been missed during brushing and flossing.
- Make sure to visit our office at least once a year to have your Full or Partial Denture adjusted and checked by the doctor. Wearing ill-fitting Full or Partial Dentures without proper care and adjustment can cause bone loss in the jaw area and oral disease.