Instructions Following Fillings
- Do not eat or chew until any numbness from anesthesia has worn off.
- If you are supervising a child who has had treatment, make certain that they are not eating or chewing while numb. Please make sure they do not bite their lips or tongue as doing so can cause serious injury to their soft tissue.
- Avoid sticky, crunchy, or hard foods for 12 hours.
- Sensitivity to cold and heat, as well as any soreness, should not last more than a few days.
- Please call our office if you experience discomfort for more than a few days.